The Hanger Steak is perhaps the butcher's best kept secret. Rightfully so! While there are always 2 pieces of every muscle on the cattle e.g. 2 ribeyes, 2 striploins, there is always only 1 piece of hanger steak. This contributes to about less than a KG of hanger steak on a cattle that weights over 400kg! Making this cut extremely rare and sought after.
Cook to this to medium or medium rare for a nice tender steak with exceptional flavour.
- 1 piece of 200g hanger steak in each packet
A 200g portion feeds 1 person
100 days grain finished
- Raised without the use of antibiotics
- Stays fresh in the chiller for at least 3 days from the delivery date
- If not consumed within 3 days, please keep in the freezer
- Individually vacuum packed for easy storage
Rare - 50 celsius
Medium rare - 56 celsius
Medium - 60 celsius
Medium Well - 64 celsius
Well done - 68 celsius
Recommended cooking method
Reverse Sear (low temperature oven / sous vide then sear)