Dry Aged Bone-in Striploin has been aged for at least 30days under controlled humidity, airflow and temperature. With moisture loss, the flavour of the product is further intensified, leaving hints of nutty aroma on the palate.
A 800g portion feeds 1 person
- Raised without the use of antibiotics, no added hormones
- Clean diet, certified Never Ever programme
- From free-ranging cattle on pasture
- Stays fresh in the chiller for at least 3 days from the delivery date
- If not consumed within 3 days, please keep in the freezer
- Individually vacuum packed for easy storage
About the Dry Aging Process
During the Dry Aging Process, enzymatic reactions occurs within the beef. Turning large protein molecules into simpler, more flavourful fragments – proteins turn into savoury amino acids, glycogen turns into sweet glucose, and mature collagen links weaken.
Beneficial mould formed as a result of dry aging also assists in the Enzymic reaction process. One of these moulds mentioned earlier, Thamnidium, releases proteases that create collagenolytic enzymes. These enzymes attack supporting proteins that hold the structure of the muscle together, and the strong crosslinks between connective tissue fibres - further contributing to tenderness and flavour.