Barley Fed Striploin Steak by Wanderer Beef - sometimes referred to as Sirloin or NY Steak, is a crowd favourite. They are extremely tender, with a thin fat cap that adds an unctuous mouth feel.
The Striploin Steak is derived from the loin set of a cattle, a suspending muscle found at the upper top section of the animal. Unlike cuts found in the thoracic and pelvic limb with abundant connective tissues. The suspended loin section is not a muscle of locomotion, resulting in a much tender piece of steak.
- Delivered chilled
- Well marbled
- Always tender
- A 200-300g portion feeds 1 person
- A 500g or 1kg portion is suitable as a Roast and feeds up to 2 and 6 people respectively
- Raised without the use of antibiotics, no added hormones
- Clean diet, certified Never Ever programme
- From free-ranging cattle on pasture
- Stays fresh in the chiller for at least 3 days from the delivery date
- If not consumed within 3 days, please keep in the freezer
- Individually vacuum packed for easy storage
Rare - 50 celsius
Medium rare - 56 celsius
Medium - 60 celsius
Medium Well - 64 celsius
Well done - 68 celsius
Recommended cooking method
- Quick Pan Sear
- For whole slabs: Roast, sous vide
Barley Fed Beef from Victoria Australia, in the Gippsland, Lime stone Coast stretch of eastern Australia. We find this region perfect for raising a consistently high quality beef, which we hope you would enjoy.
Wanderer Beef As one of the first commercially available Free Range yet Grain Fed Beef. The unique combination of Grass, Wild Herbs and Barley Fed regime results in high animal welfare and tender buttery notes that is signature to grain fed beef.
Traditionally grain fed beef are confined to feedlots eating a diet of 100% grain. As Beef are genetically not programmed to feed on grain. The intensive grain feeding regimes could encourage illness and digestive problems in the cattle. Calling for medicinal intervention such as antibiotics.
The unique combination of Barley Fed diet supplemented by natural pasture - creates a healthy alternative to intensive feedlot raised beef. One that is raised without antibiotics and high animal welfare.