With age comes flavour. In the world of wine, the oldest vines with the deepest roots birth a flavour combination of depth and complexity. In the Galician region of Spain, farmers have been deliberately breeding older animals for this same result. In this same vein, we introduce Vintage Beef.
Vintage beef are from retired pure pasture fed breeding cattle. These roamers further mature in a relaxed environment until they are at least 5 years – more than 2x the age of regular cattle.
Because the cows are older, the meat has a rich, developed grass fed flavour alongside superb marbling.
- Delivered chilled
- Luxurious marbling with a developed, grass fed flavour
- A 550g portion feeds 1 hungry person
- Raised without the use of antibiotics
- From free-ranging cattle on pasture
- Stays fresh in the chiller for at least 3 days from the delivery date
- If not consumed within 3 days, please keep in the freezer
- Individually vacuum packed for easy storage
Rare - 50 celsius
Medium rare - 56 celsius
Medium - 60 celsius
Medium Well - 64 celsius
Well done - 68 celsius
Recommended cooking method: Reverse sear (low temperature oven/ sous vide then sear). 550g portion suitable for pan fry.
Grassfed beef from Victoria Australia, in the Gippsland, Lime stone Coast stretch of eastern Australia. We find this region perfect for raising a consistently high quality grassfed beef, which we hope you would enjoy.